Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my favorite kind of muffin I love them and they are so easy to make.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 bananas)
- 1 cup medium-diced ripe banana (1 banana)
- 1 cup small-diced walnuts
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- dried banana pieces or granola cereal (optional) or shredded coconut (optional)
- Line 18 large muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Add the melted butter and blend. Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas, and add them to the flour-and-butter mixture.
- Scrape the bowl and blend well. Don't overmix.
- Fold the diced bananas, walnuts, granola, and coconut into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the paper liners, filling each 1 to the top. Top each muffin with dried banana chips, granola, or coconut, if desired.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, remove from the pan, and serve.
these are great i make them for breakfast and save a ton of money by not getting them at starbucks and they taste just as good if not better