A really yummy muffin
Make and share this Banana Nut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 4 mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons butter flavor shortening
- 1 tablespoon mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease or line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Prepare the crumb topping: In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and salt. Cut shortening into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Larger crumbs are a bit more desirable. Stir in the mashed banana and set bowl aside.
- Prepare the batter: In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, egg, bananas and vanilla. Pour flour mixture into banana mixture and stir until batter is just combined. Spoon into muffin tins, filling each 2/3 full. Top each muffin with crumb mixture, dividing it evenly.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes, until a tester comes out clean and the muffins spring back when gently touched.
Very delicious! I added some cinnamon and sprinkled the tops with brown sugar. Very easy and very good!
I needed a muffin recipe on the fly and needed to use ing. that I had on hand. i.e. black banana's in the freezer - I also always freeze left over buttermilk so this recipe fit the bill. They were really delish! I'll be making these again often. thanks for submitting Katherina1