Recipe by KitKat54
I know, there are 310 different banana muffin recipes here at zaar! And I looked through most of them, but didn't see one like this. I make these all the time and take them to work. They're gone in a flash!!!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat eggs and brown sugar together until creamy, add melted butter and beat until mixed. Add mashed bananas and vanilla and mix together.
- In separate bowl, combine ww flour, soda, salt and mix.
- Combine dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Add nuts.
- Divide into muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Tip: Sometimes I have more than 4 bananas. I will use them all - sometimes 6-7 - and it doesn't change the texture or taste - just makes more muffins!