Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this recipe a few years ago when I wasn't satisfied with ones I had found. It is now a family favorite and is requested often. My 16 yr. old son loves them so much that he asked me to make them for his high school football team (I made 120 mini loaves)! I hope you enjoy them, too!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 -5 bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- Cream together first 4 ingredients.
- Add bananas.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; mix just until well blended.
- Fill muffin cups (greased or paper lined) 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with topping, last 2 ingredients.
- Bake @ 350* for 15-17 minute.
- Variation: You can make mini loaves instead~~bake 15-17 minute. (makes about 12).
I made these last night and they are wonderful! This recipe makes a very moist muffin and is now my go-to banana nut muffin recipe. Thanks for posting!
I am glad that I finally get to give these muffins a rating! They were very delicious. The recipe was simple to follow, especially for my first time making these. For some reason, the bananas sunk a little to the bottom, making the bottom a little mushier than the rest of the muffin. However, that being said, they were still very good and I would make them again.