Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Variation of the tasty breakfast/desert treat. Found on an "Easy Everyday Cooking" card.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl; make a well in center.
- Mix milk, egg, water, oil, banana and walnuts in a small bowl. Pour mixture into well.
- Mix batter just until moistened; do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick in the center comes out clean or until muffins are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Easy recipe. Not real sweet and very tasty. I usually have all of these ingredients on hand. I will be making these again.
I made these this morning and they turned out excellent. Not too dense and not too sweet so they went well with my morning coffee. Easy to put together. Recipes like this with ingredients every kitchen has on hand other than maybe the bananas and walnuts are recipes I like to see. I bake a lot and most always have walnuts on hand and I had 2 very ripe bananas I needed to do something with. This is a keeper! Thanks House