Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins taste just like homemade banana-nut ice cream in a muffin!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric hand-held mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add bananas and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened; gently stir in chopped nuts.
- Spoon banana muffin batter into prepared muffin cups or liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees for about 18 min, or until tops are lightly browned. Cool banana muffins in pan on rack for a few minutes; turn muffins out onto rack to cool longer. Serve warm!
- Makes 12 muffins.
This is an excellant muffin!!! Very moist--I used three bananas & got more than 12 muffins. thanks for posting--wisconsin mom