Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Moist and flavorful and not too sweet.
Make and share this Banana-nut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 ripe small bananas, cut into pices (2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 18 muffin cups.
- (I like to shoot a bit of Pam or other non-stick spray in muffin/cupcake paper liners).
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With pastry blender cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in walnuts.
- In blender or in food processor, process bananas, milk, eggs and vanilla just until bananas are chopped.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture; and stir both mixtures until well blended.
- Bake until muffins appear golden and toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Immediately remove muffins from pan.
- Serve warm, or cool on wire rack to serve later.
this is my all time favorite banana-nut muffins to make at home!...I use splenda instead of regular sugar and it still taste AMAZING thank you for this great recipe!!
This recipe was wonderful, I cut back on the sugar and added the maple syrup and a dash of freshly grated cinnamon stick and also 2 tblsp sour cream for added moisture and topped them with some finely crushed walnuts for appearance and they came out wonderful, a keeper for sure
So yummy! So easy! I used unbleached white whole wheat flour. I also used only 1/4 amount of sugar and added about 2T. pure maple syrup to the wet ingredients. Made mini muffins and the kids couldn't get enough! New family fave!