Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Passover comfort food.
- 4 whole wheat matzot, broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place matzoh pieces in a bowl and pour cold water over them; drain immediately.
- Beat eggs with honey and butter.
- Add matzoh to egg mixture and mix well.
- Spread half of egg/matzoh mixture in greased square baking dish.
- Arrange sliced bananas on top.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Top with rest of matzoh.
- Dust top with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
I didn't have the whole wheat matzo either, but the recipe is still absolutely delicious! Although it's currently not Passover, I'm always on the look-out for desserts I can serve with meat dishes. Using Parve margarine did the trick.
I did not have whole wheat matzoh, so I used regular matzoh, but it was still fabulous. I doubled the recipe and brought some to work as well, it was a big hit, great with morning coffee. I did not feel deprived one bit as I often do at Passover, because this was so good.
Gorgeous warming Autumnal pud! Used pecans instead of walnuts, as they go so well with bananas imo. Will certainly be making this again soon (have a cupboard full of boxes of matzos that need eating!!) Thanks so much Mirj!