- 1 1⁄4 cups dates
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 10 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts or 1 1⁄2 cups seeds or 1 1⁄2 cups coconut (or less)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and dates to a boil in a covered saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then blend in blender with all but oats and seeds or coconut.
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Spread on two cookie sheets.
- Bake at 225 degrees for 2 hours, stirring.
- Put in a air tight container until ready to use.