Recipe by Viki Anderson
This was almost sinful tasting, too good for breakfast. Almost dessert, bananas caramelizing on the griddle make this breakfast absolutely scrumptious. Egg-less, non-dairy, vegan, vegetarian.
Top Review by SAHS
The flavor was pretty good, though I did add in some vanilla and used sugar instead of syrup. However, the bread fell apart on the griddle in spite of using oil and it being nonstick to begin with. The consequence of not using eggs, I suppose. I'd make this again, but I'll look for other eggless hopefully-will-hold-together-better recipes first.
- 1 banana (medium sized, ripe)
- 1⁄2 cup rice milk (I use unflavored Rice Dream)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or your preferred sweetener)
- 3 slices bread (whole grain, multi-grain)
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender mix: banana, rice milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and syrup.
- Pour into small flat container to dredge bread.
- Coat bread on both sides and cook on griddle that has been oiled lightly.
- Served warm with your favorite nut toppings and a little more maple syrup.