Recipe by kristinlwilliams
I love Banana Nut Bread, so this recipe seemed like it would be an easy favorite!
Top Review by Mickey M
I had some overripe bananas so I thought I would try this out. Blah... it is edible but not good. It was very dry, so I tried putting some butter on it, then some cream cheese, all to no avail. It has the consistency of a bagel not a doughnut. I won't be trying it again.
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat bananas, egg whites, oil and brown sugar in a large bowl or food processor. Add flours, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until well blended. Let stand five minutes for dough to rise.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoond og dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Using thin rubber spatula or butter knife, round out doughnut hole in center of dough.
- With spatula, smooth outside edges of dough into round doughnut shape.
- Repeat until all dough is used. Sprinkle with sugar and walnuts.
- Bake 6-10 minutes or until tops are golden. Note: you could also make this recipe using 8 ounces of canned pumpkin in place of the banana!