Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from a Woman's Day magazine at work. I haven't made it yet.
Make and share this Banana Nut Crumb Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup banana, mashed (apprx 2 large)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 -3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick foil that extends over the end of the pan.
- Crumb Topping:.
- Mix flour and brown sugar in bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in nuts.
- Set aside.
- Mix mashed bananas, oil, sugar, eggs, sour cream, vanilla, cinnamon and salt with whisk until well combined.
- Stir in flour, and baking soda until blended.
- Spread evenly into lined pan.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Lift foil by end onto a cutting board.
- Cut into squares and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
I made this recipe today. I had a feeling something was off with the quantities in the crumb topping (WAY too much flour, etc) but I followed the recipe to the letter. The cake was great. The crumb topping was a disaster, very mealy and dry. I think I will reduce the crumb ingredients to 1/3 of what is listed.
This is a GREAT snack cake !! I loved that it had a VERY nice crumb topping, not too sweet cake, and was so easy to make !!! A simple recipe, that bakes up to be so elegant. Perfect to serve with coffee, tea, or just plain ol' milk !!
This is a marvelous cake! It's easy to make, since you don't have to cream any butter. It's moist, sweet but not saccharin, and has the most wonderful crumb topping. I halved the topping, as two cups of flour sounded like alot, and I added 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Great way to use bananas that isn't just bread!