Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 3 dozen cookies.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 354.88 ml instant oats
- 118.29 ml walnuts, finely chopped
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 236.59 ml mashed banana
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:.
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, oatmeal and then walnuts - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- BANANA NUT COOKIES GIFT TAG:.
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1 cup mashed banana, 1/2 cup butter, softened, 2 eggs and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
- COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, blend the banana, butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.