Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 3 dozen cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups instant oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:.
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, oatmeal and then walnuts - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5BANANA NUT COOKIES GIFT TAG:.
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1 cup mashed banana, 1/2 cup butter, softened, 2 eggs and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
- 7COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 375.
- 9In a large bowl, blend the banana, butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- 10Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- 11Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- 12Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color.
- 13Allow to cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- 14Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Nut Cookies (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.5
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.0 mg
- Sodium 147.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g