Recipe by Mimadoll
A great alternative to breads and muffins when you want to use up those over ripe bananas. Savor a fresh banana taste, enhanced with spices and nuts. A perfect treat for any time of day.
Top Review by Daisy G.
Cookies were good. Nice and moist, good banana flavor, taste like banana bread bites. Will add more bananas next time to increase the banana flavor. We cut the dough in half and added chocolate chips to one and nuts to the other.
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 236.59 ml mashed banana (about 2 1/2 large bananas)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts (pick your favorite or even add chocolate chips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda. Let sit for 2 minutes. The baking soda will react with the acid in the bananas which in turn will give the cookies their lift and rise.
- Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture. Mix together the flour, salt, and spices and sift into the butter and banana mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold into the batter the pecans or chocolate chips if using. Drop in dollops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Let cool on wire racks.
- Makes about 30 cookies.