Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A great alternative to breads and muffins when you want to use up those over ripe bananas. Savor a fresh banana taste, enhanced with spices and nuts. A perfect treat for any time of day.
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 236.59 ml mashed banana (about 2 1/2 large bananas)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts (pick your favorite or even add chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda. Let sit for 2 minutes. The baking soda will react with the acid in the bananas which in turn will give the cookies their lift and rise.
- Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture. Mix together the flour, salt, and spices and sift into the butter and banana mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold into the batter the pecans or chocolate chips if using. Drop in dollops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Let cool on wire racks.
- Makes about 30 cookies.
This is so, so, soooooo yummy and easy to make. I reccomend only a pinch of the ground cloves ... when you use half a teaspoon, its really strong.. it over powers the banana. But overall, it is really good.
Excellent. These are so good and so easy to make. I made as directed except for the nuts I used toffee bites (which we love). My DH just about ate everyone of them. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2011