Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so easy and so good! Like banana bread in a cookie size! Even better when they're frosted (mmmm...buttercream :). Can roll them and cut them out, or just roll into small balls and squish with the bottom of a glass. I've used the Betty Crocker and Mrs. White's muffin mixes with equal success. Have yet to try with Jiffy mix though since it's always out.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package banana nut muffin mix
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk (optional)
- Stir together muffin mix, flour, and brown sugar.
- Add cooled butter.
- Stir just until soft dough forms (add milk if necessary here).
- Stick in the fridge/freezer if too sticky to work with for a while.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface.
- Roll to 1/4 in thick and cut cookies, or roll dough into 1 in balls and press flat with the bottom of a glass.
- Place 2 in apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 F for 9-10 min or till cookies begin to brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Frost when cool if desired!