Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Woman's Day magazine, Feb. 2006 issue It can be made 2 days ahead of time and does freeze very well. I have made this several times and everyone loves it. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) box bananas, quick-bread & muffin mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees f. lightly coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Streusel: Put flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl or a food processor. Stir or pulse to mix. add butter and cut in with a pastry blender, or pulse in the processor until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Cake: Put ingredients in a large bowl; stir until well blended. Spread half in prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup streusel and 1/2 cup pecans. Drop spoonfuls of remaining cake batter on top; Spread gently into an even layer. sprinkle with remaining streusel and pecans.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes before removing pan sides. cool cake completely.