Recipe by RecipeNut
From the Flushing Rotary Cookbook by Susan Feth.
Top Review by jmeloveschicken
This recipe is a keeper! The only thing I did differently was I left out the vanilla (I forgot to add it at the end) and I subbed in walnuts for the pecans as I prefer them. They still came out fantastic! excellent! soooo moist and yummy!
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease muffin pan or use paper liners.
- Beat together butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Beat well after each addition, beat in bananas until smooth.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Alternately stir flour mixture and milk into egg mixture until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Stir in nuts, mini chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Do not over mix batter.
- It should not be completely smooth.
- Spoon in batter filling muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400F until lightly golden about 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to wire rack and cool.
- Serve warm.