Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe on the www.cheerios.com website: "Banana Nut Cheerios® cereal and peanut butter stir up into an easy no-bake snack bar." NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING: Serving Size: 1 Bar Calories 110 Calories from Fat 30 % Daily Value Total Fat 3 1/2g 5% Saturated 0g 0% Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 55mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 18g 6% Dietary Fiber 1g 4% Sugars 11g Protein 1g
- 4 cups Banana Nut Cheerios
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds, roasted unsalted (recipe calls for sunflower NUTS but ingredient not recognized by Zaar)
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix cereal, cranberries, almonds and sunflower nuts.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat corn syrup, brown sugar and peanut butter to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour syrup mixture over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Press firmly in pan. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.