Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my first recipe on the zaar. Be absolutely certain to use cake flour and sift three times like the recipe calls for. You will notice the difference.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dried raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Cream sugar and margarine.
- Add bananas and eggs.
- Soak dried raisins in luke warm water to soften for 2 minute.
- Sift cake flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda 3 times.
- Blend flour mixture into banana mixture, do not overmix.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon and raisins.
- Turn batter into greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Take out of oven immediately to cool on wire rack.