Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I make ths at least once a month, you can frost it but we like it as is.
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups mashed bananas (about 3 medium)
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup nuts, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour oblong pan 13-by-9-by-2 inches or two 9-inch. or three 8-inch round layer pans.
- Beat all ingredients in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds.
- Then, beat on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 3 minutes.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, oblong 45 to 50 minutes, layers 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool cake.