Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are yummy and quick to make. I buy bananas while on sale, let them ripen, then freeze them in their own skins. when I am ready to use them I just thaw and pop them right out of their skins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 dashes nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ripe banana
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (11 ounce) bag butterscotch chips
- Mix dry ingredients together set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter, add eggs mixing in well, stir in bananas and flavoring, add dry ingredients and oatmeal fold in nuts and chips (The dough may seem a little sticky and you may be tempted to add more flour, but first try baking off a few. Found that adding more flour made them dry after baking, the oatmeal seems to swell some during the baking process).
- Drop onto lightly greased baking sheet, bake at 375°F 10-12 minutes.
These cookies were delicious...nice and moist...texture resembled banana cake and the butterscotch chips added the sweetness. I agree that the mixture did look wet, but just leave it and drop them on the cookie sheet...they turned out great!!! Thanks for sharing. Anita (Ontario)
Delicious cookies! I followed the recipe as posted, but left out the banana flavoring (didn't miss it). I agree that the entire 11 oz bag of butterscotch chips makes for a very butterscotch chip-dense cookie, but if you love butterscotch, this is just fine! The cookie is very cake-like and moist. Didn't refrigerate the dough (which was very wet) before I dropped the cookies, but I didn't find it hard to work with. Baked for 12 to 13 minutes. Good use for ripe bananas! Thanks for a great, easy recipe.
A great use for ripe bananas. After reading in the directions that the dough could be sticky, I allowed for that by putting the dough in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to cool completely. For the spices, I used my Baking Spice Blend Mix. The nuts were pecans and for the 1 bag of butterscotch chips, I used a 6 oz bag. A mixture of Splenda and sugar worked very well in this recipe.