1/2 Photos of Banana Nut Buttermilk All Bran Muffins
This recipe was developed with Kellogg's All Bran cereal I have never used any other bran cereal for this so I cannot guarantee good results with anything else --- if desired a crumb topping can be sprinkled on top, see my Kittencal's Banana-Almond Muffins With Almond Streusel for the topping mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup hot buttermilk (heat in microwave until hot)
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup pureed banana (1 cup is okay also)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Set the oven rack to second lowest position.
- 3Spray 12 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray, and line with paper liners.
- 4Set the muffin trays on a baking sheet (the baking sheet is optional).
- 5In a medium bowl stir the HOT buttermilk together with the All Bran cereal, and let stand for about 6 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile puree the banana.
- 7After the 6 minutes, transfer the bran mixture to a large bowl, and add in the pureed banana; mix to combine.
- 8Mix the two sugars together, then add to the bran/banana mixture with the egg, vanilla and oil; blend well to combine.
- 9Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon; add to the banana mixture; mix gently to make a soft batter.
- 10Fold in nuts and raisins (if using).
- 11With an ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.
- 12Bake about 22-28 minutes or until muffins test done.
- 13*NOTE* Although it is not necessary, I like to place the muffin tins on a baking sheet to bake in the oven.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Nut Buttermilk All Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.6
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 268.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g