Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have not tried this cake. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this in Taste Of Home Quick Cooking 2005. This eye appealing cake has a temptingly tropical twist in every slice, thanks to the chopped bananas, pineapple bits and coconut.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, bananas, pineapple and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in coconut and nuts. Pour into a greased 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
This is the best Banana cake I ever had,moist. I drizzle cream cheese frosting over it.Well worth the try.