Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
low-cholesterol banana bread
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- Stir together flour, baking powder and soda. Set aside.
- With electric mixer, beat sugar and yogurt. Add eggs, one at a time, and milk, beaintg until smooth after every new addition.
- Add flour mixture and banana alternately to creamed mixture. Fold in nuts.
- Turn batter into lightly greased 8x4x2-inch loaf. Bake for 60-65 minutes at 350degrees.
while very healthy, it came out spongy and thick, even after i added the necessary vanilla and dash of salt. wished it would taste better!
This recipe is seriously healthy and wonderfully tasty. I used a mixture of oat flour and whole wheat flour. I also did about 1.5 cups bananas and used Splenda. *Caution* Refrigerate this! It will go bad quickly sitting out. This is real food!
Great texture. But too sweet and I used only 1/2 cup of sugar. I guess 1/4 cup would be enough for us. I used skim milk. Thanks Addie :) Made for Holiday tag