Recipe by internetnut
Mehelga says "This has nice nutty banana toasty flavor". I found this recipe on Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by mehelga. My 6 yr old newphew and I thought this was very good banana bread. Don't let the looks of this bread scare you away to me it smells and taste like regular banana bread. When I made this banana bread I used 1 small banana, DaVinci sugar-free sweetner syrup, the first batch of bread I made I used natural flavor Whey protein powder and the second batch I used vanilla Whey protein powder and I agree the vanilla gives this bread a better flavor, I used almond milk in place of the soymilk as I don't like soymilk. I did need to bake my bread for another 2 minutes as my bread felt and looked a bit uncooked this could be from the bananas. I also found that this bread tasted best after cooling for several hours after cooling. When we ate this bread we didn't toast it. I'm actually storing mine in zip lock bags instead of Tupperware.
- 2⁄3 small banana
- 3 tablespoons wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free syrup (Toffee Torani recommended)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free banana pudding mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon banana extract
- 1 tablespoon protein powder (1 scoop, vanilla Unjury recommended)
- 3 tablespoons vanilla-flavored soymilk or 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, chopped pretty fine, but not powdered
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything but the nuts in blender/bullet.
- Stir in nuts with a spoon.
- Pour into Pyrex measuring cup, small bowl or small loaf pan.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes. It will expand tremendously don't panic.
- When cool, cut into thin slices with sharp knife and store in Tupperware. Toast and eat each slice with spray butter.