Recipe by CJ in OC
I am a foodie. I just love cooking and eating. When I was put on a low sodium diet I thought the world had ended. But in true foodie style I am creating and recreating the foods I love in a form I can have. This bread is great with cream cheese but if you are on a low sodium diet, READ THE LABEL on the cream cheese. You may have to cut down the amount you use.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (I use Canola oil)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (scant)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan (I use a non-stick spray).
- Beat oil and sugar together.
- Add eggs and mashed bananas and beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients, milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 60 minutes.
- Cool well. This is better if stored overnight before cutting.
- Excellent with cream cheese for tea sandwiches. But again, read the label on the cream cheese if you are watching your sodium intake, it isn't as bad as you might think but you have to count everything.