Recipe by Lalaloula
This quickbread is naturally sweetened with bananas and applesauce. Nuts add healthy fats and great flavour. This is great for breakfast or as a snack bread. I hope youll enjoy it as much as we do! :)
Top Review by VeggieCook98
Really good bread :D I discovered a little too late that my applesauce had gone bad, so I used veggie oil instead. I also added a little extra sugar. That kinda defeats the point of it, but it still tasted amazing :D I usually use walnuts in my banana bread, but I really enjoyed these cashews :D I'll be using them from now on. Thanks for this awesome recipe! :D
- 125 g whole wheat flour (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or splenda)
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50 g cashew nuts, chopped (or any other nut for that matter)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a second bowl puree the banana and mix with the applesauce and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Fill dough into a prepared mini loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 30-45 minutes or until skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. You might need to cover the bread in order to prevent overbrowning. Check for this after 25 minutes.