Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from www.crock-pot.com. It is basically for a 3 or 4 qt slow-cooker. There are directions for using a larger slow-cooker at the site.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 3 ripe bananas, well mashed
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Grease and flour the inside of the stoneware or the Crock-Pot(R) Bread 'N Cake Bake Pan (available through Rival(R)).
- In a large bowl, cream the butter until fluffy, and slowly add the sugar, eggs, corn syrup and mashed bananas.
- Beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly beat the flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Add the walnuts and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the bake pan and place in the slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on High for 2 to 3 hours.
- When the bread is done, remove the Bread 'N Cake Pan from the stoneware.
- Let cool, and turn bread onto a serving platter.
This was the moistest banana bread I have ever made. I did change it slightly. I used one Jumbo egg, not 2 eggs. I also added 1/4 tsp vanilla. It was very good and came out of my crock pot easily without using any form. Perfect for a hot day when you don't want to use your oven.
Was really good and turned out of crock pot well. I used sorgum syrup instead of corn syrup and it was yummy.