1/5 Photos of Banana Nut Bread for the Bread Machine
1 hr 5 mins
Amberly Hall's Note:
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and it is to die for! Banana bread is a long time favorite in my house and this recipe won us all over....even grandma.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Banana Pecan Bread
- 1Into baking pan measure flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- 2Add oil, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- 3**(follow your machine's instructions).
- 4Insert pan securely into unit; close lid.
- 5Select"Cake" setting; press"Start."**.
- 6When beep sounds after about 5 minutes, add mashed banana and nuts.
- 7Press"Start" again.
- 8The"Complete" light will flash when cake is done.
- 9Using hotpads, remove pan from unit.
- 10Turn bread out onto cooling rack.
- 11Cool; slice thinly to serve.
- 12Makes 1 5x4-inch loaf.
- 13Banana-Chocolate Chip Bread: Prepare bread as above through"Cake" setting.
- 14When beep sounds, add mashed banana and 1/3 cup chopped chocolate chips.
- 15Omit nuts.
- 16Continue as directed.
- 17**If Bread machine on "Cake Setting" does not mix ingredients follow these steps.
- 18Place ingredients in pan of bread machine.
- 19Select Dough setting, and press Start. Mix bread for 3 to 5 minutes until bananas are mashed and all ingredients are thoroughly combined. If necessary, use a rubber spatula to push dough from sides of bread pan. When 3 to 5 minutes have passed on clock display, press Stop. Do not continue mixing.
- 20Select "Cake" setting, and press Start. Cake cycle time may vary with machines, but should be about "50 minutes". Test bread for doneness, insert a toothpick into center top. Remove toothpick. If bread is done, toothpick will come out clean. If there is dough on toothpick, reset machine on "Cake" setting and continue to bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Test again with toothpick to assure the bread is completely baked.
- 21Remove pan from machine, but allow bread to remain in pan for 10 minutes. Remove bread to cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Nut Bread for the Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2493.2
- Calories from Fat 1097
- Total Fat 121.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 401.9 mg
- Sodium 2350.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 319.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 156.3 g
- Protein 38.0 g