Recipe by Amberly Hall
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and it is to die for! Banana bread is a long time favorite in my house and this recipe won us all over....even grandma.
Top Review by Stacie01
This is a super easy recipe. I even messed up and added the banana too early, and it turned out just fine. My bread machine wanted to let the dough rise, but there's no yeast in it, so i skipped ahead and told it to mix and bake. I let it bake for sixty mins in the bread machine. (I imagine, you could do this in a mixing bowl & oven just as easy). The bread is moist and delicious. About to make a second loaf with some chocolate chips!
Banana Pecan Bread
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 extra large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄3 cup pecans or 1⁄3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Into baking pan measure flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Add oil, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- **(follow your machine's instructions).
- Insert pan securely into unit; close lid.
- Select"Cake" setting; press"Start."**.
- When beep sounds after about 5 minutes, add mashed banana and nuts.
- Press"Start" again.
- The"Complete" light will flash when cake is done.
- Using hotpads, remove pan from unit.
- Turn bread out onto cooling rack.
- Cool; slice thinly to serve.
- Makes 1 5x4-inch loaf.
- Banana-Chocolate Chip Bread: Prepare bread as above through"Cake" setting.
- When beep sounds, add mashed banana and 1/3 cup chopped chocolate chips.
- Omit nuts.
- Continue as directed.
- **If Bread machine on "Cake Setting" does not mix ingredients follow these steps.
- Place ingredients in pan of bread machine.
- Select Dough setting, and press Start. Mix bread for 3 to 5 minutes until bananas are mashed and all ingredients are thoroughly combined. If necessary, use a rubber spatula to push dough from sides of bread pan. When 3 to 5 minutes have passed on clock display, press Stop. Do not continue mixing.
- Select "Cake" setting, and press Start. Cake cycle time may vary with machines, but should be about "50 minutes". Test bread for doneness, insert a toothpick into center top. Remove toothpick. If bread is done, toothpick will come out clean. If there is dough on toothpick, reset machine on "Cake" setting and continue to bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Test again with toothpick to assure the bread is completely baked.
- Remove pan from machine, but allow bread to remain in pan for 10 minutes. Remove bread to cool completely on a wire rack.