Recipe by Secret Agent
This recipe can be found in lots of cookbooks and all over the internet so why are people always asking for my DH's recipe? I think it's his technique, so here ya go! Try it and I hope you like it. UPDATE: It is very important to the success of this recipe to freeze your overly ripened bananas and then defrost them and bring to room temperature before mixing. If you use under-ripened bananas you will not get a nicely crowned loaf and it will not be sweet enough.
- 3 bananas, over ripened to the point of blackness, frozen and thawed and brought to room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash thawed bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, mix well and let stand about 10 minutes - this becomes your liquid.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Sift flour, salt, soda into bowl and mix just til it comes together.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into well greased 9 inch loaf pan and bake for one hour at 350 degrees.
- Cool in the pan.