Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another one my mom always made when I was growing up. I love it when it's still warm with a little butter spread on a slice. I have also used this recipe to make mini-loaves which I gave away at Christmas, and they were a big hit.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (I use the Crisco sticks)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or spray a 9x4x4 loaf pan.
- Mix shortening, eggs, flour, sugar, salt, and soda.
- Add bananas and pecans.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
I really enjoyed this-had some ripe bananas -got on the internet, found this great recipe. I made it (very easy) and I am making it again and again, It has a smooth taste, loved it with the butter on it. Thanks Lori
Great recipe! We all loooved it. This recipe will most definitely go into my favorite recipe collection!! Thank you for sharing!
I have made many different Banana Bread receipes, but this one is the best!! My husband went and bought more bananas so they can ripen so I can make more!! It was a hit with my kids also. Everyone loved it and it was easy to make!