Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
any type of nuts will do. i just prefer pecans. use whisk and wooden spoons for the mixing. electric mixtures, in my opinion, make the bread tough.
- cream sugar and shortening. add egg, mix well.
- sift dry ingredients together. mix well with creamed sugar mixture.
- add buttermilk, bananas and pecans.
- Pour into well greased 5x9 loaf pan.
- Bake @ 350 degrees F for 40 - 55 minutes. or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.