Prep 3 hrs
Cook 25 mins
This banana nut bread is the closest I have tasted to my grandma's wonderful bread. Perfect as gifts for neighbors, friends and family too!
- 1 1⁄3 cups mashed very ripe bananas (2 large)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 2⁄3 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom of 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Stir bananas, sugar, milk, oil, vanilla and eggs in large bowl. Stir in Bisquick mix and nuts. Pour into pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 day.
This is a great recipe, veggie Jen. I chose this recipe because it called for Bisquick baking mix instead of just plain flower, and I thought that sounded interesting. And the texture is positively wonderful, consistently light throughout (so many banana bread recipes I've tried don't bake evenly and have spots where it's more dense than in other parts). But it was a little too dry for our taste. I think I'd add a little more oil next time. Otherwise, this is a great banana bread recipe. Made for Spring 2014 Pick-A-Chef.