Recipe by catherine_michelle
You can add a twist to this recipe if you like.
Top Review by jamontagne
I substituted 1 1/4 cup sugar for 36 packets of equal. Also substituted baking soda for 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and omitted salt.
divided this recipe in half - did 3/4 cup apple sauce with Pampered Chef sweet cinnamon sprinkle in one half, 3 small/medium overripe bananas and 3/4 cup crushed almonds in other half. Made 4 dozen mini muffins per half! That's 4 doz apple cinnamon mini muffins and 4 doz banana nut mini muffins!
They came out super delicious! Sweet enough without being over sweet.
One mini muffin comes to 30 cals, .2 fat, 6.4 carbs, .6 protien, 0 sat. and trans fat, .2 fiber, 3.2 sugar. All - in - all a very delicious low-cal, low-fat muffin for desert or breakfast or anytime! :)
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Blend oil, eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt and slowly blend in to liquid mix.
- Stir in bananas.
- When well blended, add nuts.
- Pour mix into two bread loaf pans.
- If you like, you can add apples, pineapples, dates or maraschino cherries.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes, then at 300 for 1 hour.