Recipe by sting007
A moist and excellent healthy Banana Nut Bread
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this for a friend of mine who loves banana bread, but who is down & under our cold weather! He hates raisins, however, so I decided to cheer him up by including ONE RAISIN baked right in the middle of the loaf! Well, he was smiling when he found the raisin [though he didn't eat it], & let me know he loved your banana bread! He also wanted to know if I'd make him a 2nd loaf [san-raisin!] AND give him the recipe, so.... Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 3 bananas, extra ripe
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (your favorite)
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray the inside of a bread pan completely with Pam and set aside.
- Mash bananas and add Splenda. Let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- While stirring mashed bananas add oil and eggs, and mix well.
- Then add remainging ingredients and mix until thoroughly combine.
- Pour mixture into bread pan.
- Place bread pan into oven and allow to bake for 60 minutes.
- After baking place the bread pan on counter and allow to cool enough to handle.