Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother gave me this recipe. My husband is a big fan of banana bread and loves this recipe. He usually requests 2 or three loaves each year for hunting camp and shares it with his buddies. Very easy to make.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (whole or chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease and flour loaf pan.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add beaten eggs and mashed bananas.
- Add flour that has been sifted with baking soda and baking powder.
- Add nuts.
- Bake in greased/floured loaf pan for 1 hour.
- Let cool, transfer to a serving plate and slice.
My neighbor gave me a similar recipe, but hers uses 2 cups of flour and adds a 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and 3 tblsp of milk. Everything else is exactly the same... :)
Great recipe! I added just a little vanilla and cinnamon and it turned out wonderfully. I'll use this as my go to banana nut bread recipe from now on!
Delicious! I made 3 mini loaves and baked them for about 35-37 minutes. This was a nice basic recipe, easy to put together with yummy results. DS and his friends ate a loaf warm. Thanks for sharing. *Made for Fall PAC 2008*