Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is my favorite Banana-Nut Bread recipe. It comes from a cookbook that we sold when I was in Home Ec class in High School,so it's going on 40 years old. Recipes were submitted by Home Economic teachers all over the country. We love this banana bread.
- 177.44 ml butter
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 709.77 ml flour, sifted
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 59.14 ml milk
- 177.44 ml mashed banana
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- Cream butter; add sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs and blend well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and soda together.
- Add milk to banana. Add alternately with dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Fold in chopped pecans; pour into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees 40 to 50 minutes.