Recipe by True Texas
This is my favorite Banana-Nut Bread recipe. It comes from a cookbook that we sold when I was in Home Ec class in High School,so it's going on 40 years old. Recipes were submitted by Home Economic teachers all over the country. We love this banana bread.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter; add sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs and blend well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and soda together.
- Add milk to banana. Add alternately with dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Fold in chopped pecans; pour into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees 40 to 50 minutes.