Recipe by Windy City Girl in AZ
This is the best banana bread ever, super moist! I got this out of Southern Living magazine.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a terrific banana bread. We really enjoyed this delicious treat. It was wonderful; sweet, but not to sweet, very flavorful, tender on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside. Perfect just the way we enjoy them. I didn't add the nuts because of dh's allergy. Thank you for sharing your quick and easy to make recipe. We will be enjoying this for years to come. Made for Best of 2014 Tag Game.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas (mashed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8x4 inch loafpans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a long wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and sides pull away from pan, shielding with aluminum foil last 15 minutes to prevent browning, if necessary. Cool bread in pans or wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool 30 minutes on wire racks before slicing.
- ** Warm bread is yummy, but to get perfect slices, let bread cool 30 minutes, then cut with a serrated or electric knife. **.