Recipe by CrinV
The original of this recipe came from The Family Circle Encyclopedia of Cooking. I have modified it to our likes. It makes the fluffiest and best Banana bread I have ever had. We love it. Makes one very large loaf or 12 muffins.
Top Review by CIndytc
Great recipe.. I thought I would try a different banana bread recipe and this sounded like a good one....Turned out perfect...nice and high, I left out the nuts but did add the chocolate...Everything is better with chocolate!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed (approx. 3 medium bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup ground pecans (or pieces if you like better)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Grease a 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan.
- Beat butter, sugar and eggs in a large bowl until light and fluffy; stir in bananas.
- Stir in flour mixture; fold in pecans.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.