Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Try spreading Nutella on the slices of this bread. YUM! It was my mom’s recipe and a great way to use up over-ripe bananas. This is the same recipe I use for zucchini bread. Just substitute shredded zucchini for the banana.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan.
- Cream together shortening and sugar. Add eggs.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture, alternating with the banana, blending well after each addition.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.
A nice moist, nutty and not too sweet banana bread. Your Mom had a great recipe! I used pecans and very ripe bananas which I think is the secret to a great loaf.