Prep 12 mins
Cook 20 mins
These healthy muffins are high in fiber and low in calories! Sweet and tasty too! What more can you ask for, right? They also have a strong banana taste and texture! Banana lovers must try!
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 2 bananas (1 mashed for taste, 1 chopped in small pieces for texture)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- Mix in 1 mashed banana, 1 finely chopped banana.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.