Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Weight Watchers message boards. Quantities and directions modified based on comments from Member #1007259.
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with non-stick spray,.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Bake in prepared pan 30-40 min at 350°F Serve hot or cold.
Found this while searching for a way to use up some over-ripe bananas and an excess of oatmeal, while still being healthy enough that I could eat it for breakfast. LOVED the end result, but had to alter some things to make it work for me. 1 tbsp of cinnamon would have been way too much - I used 1 tsp. And in a 11x17 pan this would probably be less than 1/2" thick! I put it in a 2 qt casserole dish and it cooked in 40 minutes. I used brown sugar, real eggs, and left out the walnuts (personal preference). It was very filling, and just sweet enough. I like it better cold. I'll definitely make it again!