Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Combination of spice cookie, banana bread, oatmeal, and chocolate chip cookies! We always called these Banana Nougat cookies, but I think they're really called nugget cookies. Either way, these are the best. Everyone loves them. They're a great "breakfast cookie".
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup banana, mashed (2-3 ripe bananas)
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream shortening, sugar and egg.
- Add dry ingredients and mashed banana and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 about 15 minutes.
These were a little odd for me, but the guys at my husband's work loved them.