Recipe by JillQH
This is my mom's recipe, MINUS the nuts. I don't like nuts in anything...so I always leave them out! Also a great recipe for those with nut allergies!
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together shortening and sugar; add eggs and beat well.
- Sift together dry ingrediants and add to creamed mix alternately with banana.
- Blend well after each addition.
- Pour into a well-greased loaf pan (9x5x3").
- Bake 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool on rack. Wrap and store overnight.