These are from Giada De Laurentiis. So sinfully good! These are muffins, so the frosting isn't really very sweet. As suggested by a reviewer, it really could be used more as a spread.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and coarsely mashed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl to blend. Beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the banana. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Bake the muffins on the middle rack until the tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out with no crumbs attached, about 25 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack and cool slightly. The muffins may be eaten warm or cooled completely and frosted.
- To frost the cupcakes: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the mascarpone cheese and then beat in the honey. Spread the frosting over the muffins. Sprinkle with the walnuts.
muffins are good i too had trouble with frosting , so i just left it off , i would make the muffins though .dee i noticed no stars
These were great. I loved the light flavor of the muffin and the frosting was delish. I added a little bid more honey but otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. Very good.
These muffins are the best. I've been making regularly ever since this episode of Everyday Italian first aired and we LOVE them. They are my favorite by far. I think that the frosting is just right... wouldn't want it any sweeter. I'll never make banana bread with my ripe bananas again... these are just too good!