Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is Giada Delaurentes' recipe for banana muffins, these are just without the frosting and with granola. My family really likes them !
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (sometimes we use 1/2 whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar (we use brown sugar)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (we usually use extra virgin olive oil)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 bananas (ripe to over-ripe is better for mashing)
- granola cereal
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- In another large bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients, besides the bananas.
- Mash the bananas (its sometimes easier to mash them in their skins a bit first) then add them to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix them together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 installments, make sure not to over-mix.
- Either grease muffin tin with a paper towel dipped in olive oil or line the muffin tin with paper liners.
- Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 the way up.
- Crumble granola and add to the top of each muffin, adding as much or as little as you want.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or untill a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy !
WOW!!!! i LOVED this recipe. They made the most perfect banana muffins! Thank you so much for putting it up! =)