Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
you will never go back to plain old banana bread again!
Make and share this Banana Muffins With Cream Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12-cup standard muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and egg. Put bowl in refrigerator while you make the muffin batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and sugar; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together bananas, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into the large bowl filled with flour mixture then stir with wooden spoon just until the mixture is combined.
- Spoon enough batter into muffins cups so that they are just under halfway full. Add one spoonful of cream cheese mixture into each cup, then top with remaining muffin batter. Muffin cups will end up being almost completely full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees. Check after 20 minutes, muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
I was a little worried because this recipe is quite different from other muffin and quick bread recipes I have (no butter, for starters), but it was gorgeous. After mixing the filling I didn't trust the measurements because it was really runny, so I added the rest of the 8 oz. package of cream cheese... and it was still very runny. It baked up great, though, especially after making a little hollow in the batter to fill. I ended up using only a spoonful or two of batter in the bottom, then cream cheese, then the rest of the batter. Worked out better that way than my first batch. I was very generous with the cream cheese mixture and still had a bunch left over, but it baked up nicely as mini cheesecakes. :) My family says they're the best muffins we've ever made, so this recipe is definitely in our rotation. Thanks for posting.