Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe from Ricardo. So yummy!
- 473.18 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml brown sugar (I used 1/2 cup and it was perfect)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 2 eggs
Chocolate peanut frosting
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 56.69 g dark chocolate, melted
- 29.58 ml 35% cream
- unsalted peanuts, toasted and crushed or banana, slices for garnish
- Muffins: With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using a fork, mash the bananas with the lemon juice. Add the milk, oil and eggs and stir to combine. Add to the dry ingredients and stir gently with a spatula until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the cups and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool. Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack. â€¨.
- Chocolate peanut frosting: In a bowl, combine the peanut butter and chocolate with a spatula. Stir in the cream. Frost the cooled muffins and sprinkle with peanuts or garnish with a banana slice. â€¨â€¨.
- Tips : You can replace the chocolate peanut frosting with whipped peanut butter.
DD whipped these up in no time. I had 3 bananas in the freezer to use up. I must say here that the frosting is really the icing on the cake here - pardon the pun !! This frosting is just gorgeous and really brings the muffin to life !!